Do you love hospitality? Love to meet and interact with fun and diverse people? Love to work in a friendly environment? If so, come be a part of our Boulevard Club family.
We take pride in providing safe and inclusive communities;
that inspire wellness, growth, and excellence.
We create exceptional, social, athletic, and recreational environments;
celebrating memorable experiences and positive connections.
As an employee of The Boulevard Club, you will enjoy a high-quality pleasant working environment and the following benefits:
- Education & Professional Development Assistance.
- Employee Health & Wellness Program.
- Bonus (eligibility criteria applies).
- Meal Plan.
- Bike Share too.
- Night Transportation Assistance.
- Summer Recognition Program.
- Complimentary Parking (subject to availability).
This is a temporary summer position starting from May 1, 2023, to July 31, 2023. Reporting to the Aquatics & Recreation Director, this person will be responsible for supervising all instructors and lifeguards, ensuring smooth and effective administration of all aquatic programs while providing safe and effective supervision of Members in and around the pool area, including prevention of accidents, the performance of first aid and water safety.
Specific duties would include, but are not limited to:
- Performance of water rescue and first aid when necessary.
- Safe and effective supervision of the pools, splash pad, and deck areas as per Club rules, regulations, and policies and those rules and regulations of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, R.R.O. 1990, Regulation 565 Public Pools.
- Ongoing evaluation and development of instructors and lifeguards, through running in-service training sessions, constructive feedback, and performance suggestions.
- Instruction of swim classes as assigned, when required core and lesson plans on hand.
- Ensure the pools, splash pad, and deck areas are safe and clean, and deck furniture and pool accessories are kept orderly and stored correctly after use/at the end of each day, including but, not limited to vacuuming, skimming, removal of deck debris and towels, and tidying of furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Assist on deck with program administration.
- National Lifeguard.
- Standard First Aid with CPR C.
- LSS Swim Instructor.
- LSS Lifesaving Instructor.
- Bronze Level Examiner is an asset.
- The First Aid Instructor/Examiner is an asset.
- Aquatic Supervisor Training is an asset (Upon hiring you must be willing to obtain it).
*Please note all qualifications must remain current throughout employment.*
For over a century, The Boulevard Club has built a reputation around time-honored traditions, exemplary service, and unrivaled athletics programs for all ages and abilities, including tennis, badminton, water sports, fitness, swimming, basketball, pickleball, and more.
We pride ourselves on creating an exceptional Member experience thanks to an equally diverse and inclusive team. We know that our team members are vital to the success of the Club, which is why we hire well and enjoy developing and rewarding our team.
If you would like to work and learn from a team of professionals and build your career at one of Toronto’s top private clubs, The Boulevard Club may be a good fit.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Boulevard Club is an inclusive work environment and as such, has a workplace accommodation policy in place. Accommodations are available, upon request, for the interview process and other selection stages for job applicants with accessibility needs. Please contact Human Resources to discuss this further.